Before we can issue Expend cards to your organisation, we are bound by regulatory requirements to verify your details. So, when you complete an application to set up your company with Expend, we may ask you for some additional information and, in some cases, some documentation.
We need the information for persons with significant control (these persons are listed on Companies House when you go to the company record, click People, and then click Persons with significant control). If there are a large number of persons with significant control, we may only need details for a certain number of them. In that’s the case, we’ll let you know what we need!
Details always required
In all cases, we need the following for the persons with significant control:
- Date of birth
- Home address
Documentation sometimes required
In the cases the details listed above aren’t sufficient to do the necessary verification, we’ll ask you to send us the following documents for the persons with significant control:
1. A picture of their passport OR driving licence (not provisional)
- Passport: We need the photo page, showing names, the passport number, date and place of issue, and expiry date. Both lines at the bottom of this page should be included and be clearly legible.
- Driving licence: Names and the licence number must be clearly legible.
2. One of the following, showing their residential address:
- Utility bill (no older than 3 months)
- Bank or credit card statement (no older than 3 months)
- Current council tax bill (no older than 12 months)
3. A recent company bank statement (not a personal statement)
You can use your phone to take photos of these documents. Please ensure photos are in colour, are clear, and include all relevant details.
Once we have received these documents, we’ll be able to let you know whether we could verify your information and approve your application.
If you have any questions about these requirements or other aspects of the application process, please don’t hesitate to ask us.