Once you have received your Expend card, it needs to be activated before you can use it. This is done in two steps:
- Step 1: Verify your card details and get your PIN in the Expend app
- Step 2: Do a Chip and PIN transaction
1. Verify your card details and get your PIN in the Expend app
Before you start
You need the following details to activate your Expend card:
- The last four digits of the long card number on the front of your card
- The expiry date, as shown below “Expires End” on the front of your card, but without the slash
- The three digits on the back of your card to the right of the signature strip (known as the CVC2)
Activating your card in the app
- Ensure that you are logged in to your Expend account.
- Tap the menu button in the top left corner (or swipe from left to right across the screen to open the menu).
- Tap Cards and tap the card you need to activate.
- On the Card screen, tap Activate Card.
- Fill in the required details and tap the Activate button.
After activation, you're taken to a screen where you can view your card PIN.
If you don't see your card
- Ensure you logged in the with correct details.
- If you are a member of more than one organisation, ensure that the correct organisation is selected: Tap the menu button and check the name of the organisation shown above your email address. To change, tap the arrow below your email address.
2. Do a Chip and PIN transaction
In order to fully activate your card, your very first transaction should be performed at a standard chip and PIN terminal where you insert your card and enter your PIN. After this, all types of payment (including contactless) will be available.