Once you have received your Expend card, it needs to be activated before you can use it. This is done in two steps, first in the Expend app, and then by doing a Chip and PIN transaction.
1. Activate your card and get your PIN in the Expend app
Ensure that you are signed in to your Expend account in the app. On the Expend Card tab, tap I Have My Card, and fill in the required details:
- The last four digits of the long card number on the front of your card
- The expiry date, as shown below “Expires End” on the front of your card, but without the slash
- The three digits to the right of the signature strip on the back of your card (known as the CVC2)
Tap the button in the upper-right corner of the screen. After activation, you're taken to a screen where you can view your card PIN.
2. Chip and PIN for your first transaction
In order to fully activate your card, your very first transaction should be performed at a standard chip and PIN terminal where you insert your card and enter your PIN. After this, all types of payment (including contactless) will be available.