Records of all your expenses for a specified period can be exported from the Expend dashboard. The records are exported to a CSV file. You can also choose to have all receipts and any other files you attached to your transactions exported at the same time.
Your user role and what is exported
- If you have the Member role, records of all expenses that you submitted are exported.
- If you have the Administrator or Accountant role, all expenses submitted by all members of your organisation are exported.
If you are a member of more than one organisation
Expenses are exported for the company that is currently active on the dashboard. The current company is shown in the upper-right corner. To change companies, click the current company's name and select another company from the pop-up list.
- Sign in to the dashboard at app.expend.io.
- Members of multiple companies: Ensure that the company for which you want to export expenses is selected in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click Exports.
- In the Expenses section, select a From and To date, or leave the fields empty to export all expenses.
- Select the Format:
- Default (CSV) to only export records of the expenses to a CSV file, or
- Expenses & Receipts (ZIP) to export the CSV as well as all attachments.
- In the Expenses section, click Download.
Note about the file format
Each record appended with links to the documents attached. If an expense record has more than one attachment, they are separated by commas. This means that each will appear in a separate column when imported in to a spreadsheet application.