This article explains how you can use Expend with Crunch Accounting to manage your business expenses. Crunch lets you import expenses from a CSV file, and you can also upload a statement to reconcile transactions. As an Expend user, you can easily export your expense data to CSV, and also export a statement with your Expend card transactions. These files can then be imported into Crunch.
Using Expend to capture business expenses
When you pay with your Expend card, transactions appear instantly in the app, and you can add expense details and a photo of the receipt. The Expend app works in combination with an online dashboard, where you can also view and manage all of your transaction and expense data, and export your data for use with your accounting system.
Getting your expenses into Crunch
On the Expend dashboard, you can export your expenses for any given time period to a CSV file, and then import this into your Crunch account using their Expense Importer (see https://labs.crunch.co.uk/expense-import).
To export expenses:
- Go to the Expend dashboard.
- Click Export and go to the Expenses section.
- In the Expenses section, select a From and a To date, or leave the fields empty to export all expenses.
- In the Format field, select an option:
- Default (CSV) to only export records of the expenses to a CSV file, or
- Expenses & Receipts (ZIP) to export the CSV as well as all attachments.
- In the Expenses section, click Download.
You can now open the file you exported in a spreadsheet program such as Excel or Numbers and format it to fit Crunch’s requirements. See the following article for details: https://help.crunch.co.uk/customer/portal/articles/2031826-expense-importer-guide
Getting receipt images into Crunch
Receipt images need to be uploaded manually. The CSV file you export contains links to the images for each expense, or you can download a ZIP file that includes the images.
Reconciling your Crunch account
Also on the Expend dashboard, you can export a statement of all your transactions, and then import this into Crunch for reconciliation.
To export a statement:
- Sign in to the Expend dashboard.
- Click Exports and go to Statement at the top.
- Select a From and To date. All transactions between and including these dates will be exported. Leave the fields empty to include ALL transactions.
- In the Format field, select Crunch (CSV).
- Click Download.
This file can now be imported directly into Crunch for reconciliation.