Before we can issue Expend cards to your organisation, we are bound by regulatory requirements to verify your details. So, when you complete an application to order Expend cards, we ask that you provide us with some additional information and documentation.
The following information applies mainly to private limited companies. For a different type of company or business we may need different documents or information – we will let you know what is needed.
Whose details to we need?
Specifically, we need information for:
- the company director(s)
- persons with significant control accounting for at least 25% of company shares
These persons are listed on Companies House when you go to the company record: click People, and then click Officers or Persons with significant control.
Documents and details we’ll ask for
The following is what we usually need for a standard private limited company:
- An identity document and proof of address for one director
- The full name, date of birth, and home address for
(a) all other directors, and
(b) shareholders with 25% or more shares
- A recent company bank statement
Details always required
We need the following for the relevant directors and persons with significant control:
- Date of birth
- Home address
We’ll ask you to send us the following documents for at least one of the directors. Depending on our checks, we may also ask these for more of the people listed.
1. Proof of identity
- A scan/picture of their passport, driving licence (not provisional), national identity card or residence card
2. Proof of address
One of the following, showing their home address and dated within the last 3 months:
- Utility bill (e.g. electricity, water, internet)
- Car or home insurance document
- Bank or credit card statement
- Current council tax bill
- A full driving licence may be used as proof of address if another identity document is provided for item 1
We will also ask for the following:
3. Company bank statement
- A recent company bank statement (not a personal statement) that shows the company name and address
Format of documents
You can use your phone to take photos of these documents. Please ensure photos are in colour, clearly legible, and include all relevant details:
- For proof of address, we need the complete page of the document that shows the name and address.
- For an identity document, we need the full photo page, which should include details such as full name and date of birth.
Once we have received these documents, we’ll be able to let you know whether we could verify your information and approve your application.
If you have any questions about these requirements or other aspects of the application process, please get in touch with our support team by clicking the chat button in the lower-right corner on the dashboard, or via the in-app chat.