Before we can issue Expend cards to your organisation, we are bound by regulatory requirements to verify your details. So, when you complete an application order Expend cards, we ask that you provide us with some additional information and documentation.
We need the information for the company’s directors and persons with significant control. These persons are listed on Companies House when you go to the company record: click People, and then click Officers or Persons with significant control.
Who's details to we need?
Specifically, we need information for:
- the company director, or for two of the directors if there are more than one
- persons with significant control accounting for at least 25% of company shares
Details always required
We need the following for the relevant directors and persons with significant control:
- Date of birth
- Home address
We’ll ask you to send us the following documents for the relevant directors and persons with significant control:
1. A picture of their passport OR driving licence (not provisional)
- Passport: We need the photo page, showing names, the passport number, date and place of issue, and expiry date. Both lines at the bottom of this page should be included and be clearly legible.
- Driving licence: Names and the licence number must be clearly legible.
2. One of the following, showing their home address:
- Utility bill (no older than 3 months)
- Bank or credit card statement (no older than 3 months)
- Current council tax bill (no older than 12 months)
3. A recent company bank statement (not a personal statement)
You can use your phone to take photos of these documents. Please ensure photos are in colour, are clear, and include all relevant details.
Once we have received these documents, we’ll be able to let you know whether we could verify your information and approve your application.
If you have any questions about these requirements or other aspects of the application process, please don’t hesitate to ask us.