Before we can issue Expend cards to your organisation, we are bound by regulatory requirements to verify your details. So, when you complete an application to order Expend cards, we ask that you provide us with some additional information and documentation.
We need the information for the company’s directors and persons with significant control. These persons are listed on Companies House when you go to the company record: click People, and then click Officers or Persons with significant control.
Whose details to we need?
Specifically, we need information for:
- the company director, or for two of the directors if there are more than one
- persons with significant control accounting for at least 25% of company shares
Details always required
We need the following for the relevant directors and persons with significant control:
- Date of birth
- Home address
We’ll ask you to send us the following documents for the relevant directors and persons with significant control:
1. Proof of identity
- A scan/picture of their passport, driving licence (not provisional), national identity card or residence card
2. Proof of address
One of the following, showing their home address and dated within the last 3 months:
- Utility bill (e.g. electricity, water, internet)
- Car or home insurance document
- Bank or credit card statement
- Current council tax bill
- A full driving licence may be used as proof of address if another identity document is provided for item 1
In certain cases we may also ask for the following:
3. Company bank statement
- A recent company bank statement (not a personal statement) that shows the company name and address
You can use your phone to take photos of these documents. Please ensure photos are in colour, clearly legible, and include all relevant details:
- For proof of address, we need the complete page of the document that shows the name and address.
- For an identity document, we need the full photo page, which should include details such as full name and date of birth.
Once we have received these documents, we’ll be able to let you know whether we could verify your information and approve your application.
If you have any questions about these requirements or other aspects of the application process, please don’t hesitate to ask us.