Creating an expense claim
You can create and submit claims for expenses that you paid with your own funds or means other than your Expend card. If the items that you paid for in the transaction belong to different categories or projects, you can create separate lines for these.
On the web dashboard
- Click My Expenses in the menu, click + New Claim at the top of the page, and select Create an Expense claim.
- Select how you paid for the expense and click + Create Expense.
- Enter the Supplier/Merchant name, transaction Currency, and transaction Date.
- Provide the expense item’s details: enter the Amount, select the category and tax type, and optionally provide additional details such as tracking information and a note.
- Optional: To add more items, click Add Split. To remove items, click the 🅧 button.
- To add attachments such as a copy of the receipt, click the upload area on the right and select the files (or simply drag and drop files here). You can add as many attachments as necessary.
- Click Save, or click Save + Submit if your expense is ready to be reviewed
In the Expend app
- Tap Expenses, tap the ➕ button, and then tap Create Expense.
- Select how you paid for the expense.
- Select the transaction Date and Currency, and enter the Supplier name.
- Provide the expense item’s details: enter the Amount and select the Category. Tax Type will be selected automatically based on the category, but you can also change this if necessary.
- Optional: Tap the arrowhead below Tax Type and enter client and tracking information and a note.
- Optional: To add more items, tap Add Split. To remove items, click the red trash icon.
- To add attachments such as a copy of the receipt, tap an empty part of the screen to dismiss the keyboard, then tap ➕ and select what you want to attach.
- To finish, tap the check mark in the upper right corner and tap Save.
Submitting a claim for review
- On the dashboard: Open the expense and click Submit in the top right corner.
- In the Expend app: Open the expense, tap the check mark in the upper right corner, and tap Save & Submit.
After submitting the claim, you can still make changes until it has been reviewed. However, you can no longer delete the claim.
Updating a claim
You can make changes to a claim until it has been approved or rejected.
- On the dashboard: Open the expense, click Edit in the upper right corner, make the necessary changes, and click Save.
- In the Expend app: On the Expenses screen, tap the expense to open it, make the necessary changes, and tap the check mark in the upper right corner.
Deleting a claim
You can delete a claim if it hasn’t been submitted for review.
- On the dashboard: Open the claim, click Edit in the upper right corner, click Delete, and confirm.
- In the Expend app: On the Expenses screen, swipe from right to left on the expense and tap the red trash icon.