Creating an expense claim
You can create and submit claims for expenses that you paid with your own funds or means other than your Expend card. If the items that you paid for in the transaction belong to different categories or projects, you can create separate lines for these.
On the web dashboard
- Click My Expenses in the menu, click + New Claim in the upper right corner, and select Create an Expense claim.
- Enter the Supplier/Merchant name, transaction Currency, and transaction Date.
- Provide the expense item’s details: enter the Amount, select the category and tax type, and optionally provide additional details such as tracking information and a note.
- Optional: To add more items, click Add Split. To remove items, click the 🅧 button.
- To add attachments such as a copy of the receipt, click the upload area on the right and select the files (or simply drag and drop files here). You can add as many attachments as necessary.
- Click Save.
- If your expense is ready to be reviewed, click Submit.
In the Expend app
- Tap Expenses, tap the ➕ button, and then tap Claim Expense (Own Funds).
- Select the transaction Date and Currency, and enter the Merchant name.
- Provide the expense item’s details: enter the Amount and select the Category (the VAT rate will be selected automatically based on this).
- Optional: Tap Show More and enter client and tracking information and a note. You can also change the VAT rate.
- Optional: To add more items, tap the ➕ button and tap Expense Line. To remove items, click the red trash icon.
- To add attachments such as a copy of the receipt, click the ➕ button and select the item you want to attach.
- If the expense is ready to be reviewed, select the Ready for Review checkbox.
- Click Save.
Submitting a claim for review
- On the dashboard: Open the claim and click Submit in the top right corner.
- In the Expend app: Open the claim, tap the Ready for Review checkbox so that it’s selected, and tap Save.
After submitting the claim, you can still make changes until it has been reviewed. However, you can no longer delete the claim.
Updating a claim
You can make changes to a claim until it has been approved or rejected.
- On the dashboard: Open the claim, click Edit in the upper right corner, make the necessary changes, and click Save.
- In the Expend app: On the Expenses screen, tap the claim to open it, make the necessary changes, and tap Save.
Deleting a claim
You can delete a claim if it hasn’t been submitted for review.
- On the dashboard: Open the claim, click Edit in the upper right corner, click Delete, and confirm.
- In the Expend app: On the Expenses screen, swipe from right to left on the claim and tap the red trash icon.