Expend offers the ability to export your company members’ transactions and expenses to CSV files. Some are provided in formats that can be imported directly into supported accounting systems (such as Crunch, Xero, QuickBooks, Clear Books, and FreeAgent). You can also open the exported CSV files in common spreadsheet applications (such as Excel or Numbers) and edit them to suit your needs before importing them to your system. If you use another platform that supports CSV imports (such as Sage) this is a way to get your Expend data into your system.
The statement lists all Expend card transactions within the specified period. Statements are available in different formats, some of which can be directly imported into supported accounting systems.
The Default format, described below, contains the most detail. If your company uses an accounting system not yet listed, you can choose this format, and then import the CSV file into a spreadsheet application and edit it to suit your needs.
- transaction Id Expend's transaction identifier.
- user User that performed the transaction.
- date Date that the transaction was completed (cleared, i.e. merchant took the money). May differ from date user performed transaction.
- description One of the following types of transaction:
- Add Funds (to float account)
- Card Transaction (i.e. purchase/payment using Expend card)
- Cash Withdrawal
- merchant Merchant where the transaction was performed.
- local amount Transaction amount in the country where it was performed.
- local currency Currency in which the transaction was performed.
- amount Transaction amount in GBP.
- balance Company float account balance after the transaction.
- currency Expend account and cards currency.
You can export records of all your expenses for a specified period to a CSV file, and optionally export all attachments as well. Each expense line or mileage claim leg has a separate record, so a single expense report/claim or mileage claim could comprise multiple records.
Note about attachments: Each record is appended with URL links to the documents attached to the expense (such as photos of receipts). If an expense record has more than one attachment, they are separated by commas. This means that each will appear in a separate column when imported into a spreadsheet application. The files listed are the same for each line/leg if an expense/claim comprises multiple lines/legs.
- Expense ID Expend's unique identifier for the expense.
- Type One of the following:
- CASH REPORT
- EXPENSE CLAIM (created manually)
- EXPENSE REPORT (Expend card transactions)
- MILEAGE CLAIM
- REFUND REPORT
- Transaction ID For expense reports only, the unique identifier of the Expend card transaction.
- Date Date of the expense.
- Person The user that created the expense.
- Merchant The merchant or supplier where an expense was incurred.
- Origin Mileage claims only: the start of a leg.
- Destination Mileage claims only: the end of a leg.
- Distance (km) Mileage claims only: the distance in kilometres.
- Distance (miles) Mileage claims only: the distance in miles.
- Client (legacy) Client names that could be entered manually in older versions of Expend (before Tracking).
- Client Client selected via the Client tracking group.
- Rebilled TRUE if client rebilled, otherwise FALSE.
- Job Job number entered manually on expense report or claim.
- Expense Category Category selected for an expense item; this category is mapped to an account in an accounting platform's chart of accounts (if an integration with an accounting platform is set up) See: Custom categories; Set up your Expend integration with Xero / QuickBooks.
- Expense Note Note entered manually on an expense report or claim.
Any Tracking groups are inserted here, each as a separate column/field.
Note: archived tracking groups are not included.
- Amount (excluding tax) Expense line/item/leg amount without tax.
- Tax Rate Tax rate selected for the line/item/leg (or category default).
- Tax Amount Calculated from the line/item/leg amount and tax rate.
- Amount (including tax) Full amount for the line/item/leg.
- Currency Expend account/card currency (GBP).
- Local Amount Line/item amount in the country where the purchase or payment was made.
- Local Currency Currency in which the transaction was made.
- Exchange Rate Foreign currency exchange rate between local currency and GBP for expense report/claim date.
- Transaction Country Country in which payment was made (if available).
- Expense Submitted TRUE if the user submitted the expense for review, otherwise FALSE.
- Expense State One of the following:
- DRAFT: expense not yet submitted for review
- AWAITING REVIEW: user submitted the expense for review
- CHANGES REQUESTED: reviewer requested submitter to make changes
- APPROVED: expense marked as approved by reviewer
- REJECTED: expense marked as rejected by reviewer
- PAID: approved expense/mileage claims marked as paid (by an admin user)
- Attachments URL link for each file attached to the expense.